Monday 15 July 2013

My Essential Summer Shoes


You don't need to be a genius to know that girls and shoes have always had a close bond. They come in every shape, size, and colour and best of all they don't judge you like clothes do if you put on a couple of extra pounds! I have always been a bit of a shoe fanatic but as ever my budget doesn't allow me to be stocking up on Jimmy Choos or Louboutins...
Although my collection is overflowing and ever growing, these are my staple pairs that I can't live without this summer!


The Comfy Canvases


There's nothing better than getting dressed up and feeling fit for the red carpet, but we can't be expected to look like that 24 hours 7 days a week- our feet would be crippled! So for lazy days or when I know I will be walking a fair distance I just have to be in my trainers. My current pair are Vans 106 Vulcs in navy from Schuh.



The Simple Sandal


In the summer, sandals pretty much become glued to my feet. You can pick up a pair for just a couple of quid and they keep your feet cool and comfortable whilst going with pretty much anything in your wardrobe- what more could you want?! I am still wearing my pair from last summer, which are very similar to those in the photograph, so I am currently looking for some new ones to replace them; any recommendations welcome!



The Black Boot
Although it is summer we mustn't kid ourselves...we do live in England after all! So for when the weather is not so great I always fall back on my black boots. They can be dressed up with a mini dress if you're out for lunch, or down with jeans if you're just popping to the shops, and you can always rely on them to give you comfort and support. I LOVE the black boot! My current pair are these cut-out buckle numbers from New Look which were a bargain at £27.99!



The Wedge


Before a night out I always plan my outfit, which usually includes a pair of 5/6 inch stiletto heels that will elongate my legs and, in my head, make me look like Rihanna...then I have a few glasses of wine (or maybe a bottle) and when the taxi arrives without fail I reach for my wedges over the killer stiletto. For me, a wedge never lets you down. They give you enhanced comfort so you won't end up walking out the club bare foot carrying your heels (never a good look), they are easier to walk in so you're not shuffling around like an idiot, and they pretty much stop you from breaking your neck by giving extra stability. My newest pair are these suede cut-outs that I managed to pick up in the Office sale. 

What shoes can't you live without this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment